peaceful mind, improved immunity, good health – whatever you may be looking for, yoga has
it on offer.
I think it is important to mention that I am a newbie yogi, I initially started doing it only because it helped relive my cramps during that time of the month, but now I am slowly making it a part of my lifestyle. I hope to join a professional class someday and do more advanced forms of yoga, for now though, I choose to focus on basic postures.
I highly recommend yoga for everyone, EVERYONE… Even babies 🙂
1. Tree Pose
Sanskrit name: Vriksasana
- Improves posture, patience and balance.
- Increases the flexibility of the ankles, knees, and hip joints.
- By strengthening the internal oblique muscles, it helps prevent hernia.
Sanskrit name: Anjaneyasana
- This pose is beneficial for the heart.
- It stretches and stimulates the lower body.
- Improves the strength and flexibility in your hips, legs, shoulders, arms, abdomen, back and knees.
3. Sundial Salutation
Sanskrit name: Tadasana
- Stretches the sides of the body, especially waist and rib cage.
- Increases the flexibility of hips, legs and ankles.
- Opens the chest,
thus improving lung capacity.
Sanskrit name: Bhujangasana
- Increases spinal strength and flexibility, helps prevent lower back
pain, and helps cure lumbago, rheumatism and arthritis of the spine.
- Improves menstrual problems (irregularity, cramps, backache)
- Cures loss of appetite
- Helps Improve posture
- Improves the functioning of the liver and spleen.
- Strengthens the deltoids, trapezius and triceps.
5. Warrior Pose
Sanskrit name: Virabhadrasana
- Strengthens the muscles of the back.
- Tones the muscles of the abdomen.
- Improves digestion.
- Strengthens and stretches the hip flexors, ankles and legs
- Improves stability, balance and focus.
- Energizes the whole body.
6. Fierce / Chair PoseTwist
Sanskrit name: Utkatasana
- Tones the internal organs, including the kidneys and digestive organs. This helps with detoxification.
- This pose also tones your thighs, buttocks, and hips.
- Improving balance, posture, endurance, and confidence.
I will definitely be sharing more on yoga in future posts.
I want to inform you all that I am going on a 3 to 4 week hiatus. My main exams are coming up soon, so I’ve got to give undivided attention to my books.
Love & Light