Happy new month!!!… Yeah, March is still quite fresh.
I’m writing this over my lunch break, so I’ll just put down a simple list of things you can do to improve your life. I recently included “Bloom Notes” in my drop down tab under “Lifestyle” as I’m huge on motivating people and encouraging guys to live their best lives while they’re still alive! Makes sense right? Everyone should be a lover of life and work on being the best version of themselves. It always makes me so happy when I see people leading a life that satisfies them, it makes me happy too when I make efforts to improve the quality of my life and that of my family and friends.
The picture I’ve included in this post I found in my archives as I was deleting some pictures from my laptop, that’s how I looked 2 years ago, funny I never posted the picture anywhere yet it’s pretty okay, I was so skinny though! I’m 6kgs heavier at the moment.
Below are 22 ways you can improve your life. I’ve made the list considering stuff I personally do to help me be as productive as I can be and to generally just feel good about myself and my life.
1. Pray as soon as you wake up in the morning, I’m not a Jesus freak but I’ve discovered it’s the best way to begin your day, besides, there’s power in prayer, lots of good stuff come your way when you’re constantly connected to God. Keep that connection in check! You’ll never regret it.
2. Read a motivational note daily. I read my devotion book which has sections to read each day in a year, stories I come across motivate, inspire, entertain and enable me to feel ready to take on the day.
3. Spread your bed, make it a habit. Who doesn’t like a neatly spread bed? I personally love it, therefore I make an effort of spreading mine when I can, I say when I can because sometimes I leave Zain sleeping in my bed while heading to work, my little princess loves her morning sleep.
4. Wake up early (at least before 8am)
5. Spend time with friends
6. Wash your face and moisturize daily, which reminds me, I have a new facial skincare routine which I’m hoping to share with you soon.
7. Eat lots of fruit.
8. Wear a little makeup, you’ll be surprised the difference made by simply doing your brows and wearing some gloss.
9. Clean your room at least every two weeks.
10. Do some yoga, those stretches, easy as they seem will make you sweat.
11. Invest time in cooking delicious meals. You can make your favorite dish or recreate an awesome recipe.
12. Discover new music.
13. Spend less time online. Digital detox feels sooo good!
14. Light some scented candles, lavender or vanilla scented ones are my absolute favorite!
15. Only go to bed to sleep, if you’re like me, leave your laptop far from your reach.
16. Open your room’s windows… Because you deserves fresh air and light.
17. Have cold showers, everyone enjoys hot showers, but cold showers are healthier for the skin.
18. Drink lots of water.
19. Tell someone they look nice, if you’ve noticed an effort on their side in dressing up.
20. Buy yourself something you have been longing to have. There’s no crime in splurging on yourself every once in a while.
21. Read to your child or children (applies to parents like myself) it may actually seem dumb at first to read to a child who is months old or a toddler, but it does create a huge positive impact.
22 . Keep in touch with you family and friends, this I’m still working on as I spend months without calling or texting people I genuinely care about and later it makes me feel like a bad person… Meh!
I hope the list inspires you to live better. If you have stuff you do that improve your life, please share, comment below.
As always, thank you for reading! See you in the next post.